We talk a ton of NBA over/unders and the Game of Thrones Season Finale.
You can watch us live at twitch.tv/nerdnumbers; we usually go Tuesday or Wednesday at 9:30 pm EST. Follow us on Twitter, and we'll keep you posted!
Please subscribe to Channel NerdNumbers on YouTube and like us on iTunes!
You can download the show direct here.
Kyrie Irving for Isaiah Thomas
We discuss Cleveland asking for more in an already lopsided trade. By the end of the show though, Cleveland got what they wanted in a 2020 second round pick.
We discuss the opening over/unders for the NBA season.
Here's a breakdown of some of the over/unders we were comfortable commenting on
- Boston Celtics at 56.5 - We like the Under.
- Philadelphia 76ers at 42.5 - We like the Under.
- New Orleans Pelicans at 39.5 - Split decision!
- Utah at 40.5 - We like the Over.
- Milwaukee Bucks at 47.5 - We like the Under.
- Indiana Pacers at 31.5 - We like the Over.
- Charlotte Hornets at 42.5 - We like the Over.
- Miami Heat at 43.5 - We like the Over.
- Dallas Mavericks at 35.5 - We like the Over.
Andrew also throws out another bold prediction - Toronto, not Boston, will win the Atlantic division.
Andrew lists his top three MVP candidates - James Harden, Kawhi Leonard, and Kevin Durant. We also like Kyrie Irving and LeBron James as "Darkhorse" candidates.
Game of Thrones
At 43:33 we stop talking NBA and talk Game of Thrones. Full spoilers proceed at your own peril!
This episode produced the best "Crying Jordan."
An A.V. Club interview that says the editing of this episode is part of why I didn't like a particular storyline.
We compare a few Game of Thrones characters to some NBA teams. Add any you like to the comments.
We do play our "Rick and Morty vs. Game of Thrones" game, but really just focus on Game of Thrones. Anyway, spoiler warning for Rick and Morty too.