Welcome to the Top 10 Boxscore of the Week, a weekly segment on the Boxscore Geeks where we break down our favorite boxscores of the week. While we do use statistical criteria to guide our choices, this list is subjective. With that said, here's our list! These are from games from 3/14/16 through 3/20/16.
1. A rebounding big with a career assist rate of under two a game getting a triple-double. Zach Randolph is on the decline, so it's even more surprising. While not the most productive game on the list, it has to be the most surprising (to me at least!)
2. David Lee puts up the best per-minute game of the week (minimum of 20 minutes played. Gotta have standards!) I've been happy to see David Lee's resurgence in Dallas. It's possible DeAndre Jordan made the wrong call.
3. Oladipo had an amazing scoring performance against the Cavs. He embarrassed them so badly that even LeBron doesn't want to be associated with them anymore!
4. There were a few twenty rebound games this week, but only Biyombo's got my attention. It happened in overtime, but he did crack twenty before the OT, so it counts.
5. Westbrook keeps up his triple-double streak (well his good streak.) Are we even surprised at this point?
6. John Wall makes the list with a triple-double. To be fair, a lot of it has to do with his second triple-double (see below), but it's still impressive.
7. A few more bad games than normal bring up the rear this week. Brandon Knight has been pretty good at having bad scoring games this year, and that's with a lot of games off for injury. Depending on your perspective, I guess it's good he's back for the Suns?
8 and 9. I give Westbrook and Wall a tie here. The bottom of the list is usually reserved for bad games. John Wall and Westbrook both put up triple-doubles while hurting their teams! And they both managed to go 4 for 17 from the field, although Wall did manage to get a few more points.
10. JaMychal Green has the worst per-minute game and worst game of the week. While technically his assists and rebounds are good, when you factor in the turnovers and fouls, it would have been best had he just taken the night off.
That's our list! Did we miss someone? Are any players too high? Well don't worry, we'll be back next week with another one. If you see any box scores you think deserve consideration, leave them in the comments or tweet at myself (@nerdnumbers), Patrick (@nbageek), or Brian (@boxscorebrian) with hashtag #BSGTop10. Seeya next time!