Welcome to the Top 10 Boxscore of the Week, a weekly segment on the Boxscore Geeks where we break down our favorite boxscores of the week. While we do use statistical criteria to guide our choices, this list is subjective. With that said, here's our list! These are from games from 2/15/16 through 2/21/16.
1. Anthony Davis put up an absurd game. His season has been mixed, but he definitely showed his superstar form here! I feel he did it just to taunt me, as I had made this comment about the #2 entry on this list the day before:
It will be nigh impossible to knock him(Damian Lillard) from top of BSGTop10 this week.
-Me on 2/21
2. Damian Lillard crushed Steph Curry in a three-point duel. What else do I need to say? In most weeks this would have been the runaway number one entry on this list.
3. Whiteside off the bench puts up a twenty-twenty! Any Heat fans fooling themselves into thinking his stats are hollow will certainly miss him if he leaves in the offseason.
4. Four players cracked twenty Points over Par (PoP) this week, DeMarcus Cousins puts up almost a forty-twenty and is relegated to fourth on the list? It was a crazy week!
5. Jokic puts up the best rookie game of the week. This year is Karl-Anthony Town's, but Jokic is putting up a great rookie season.
6. Seth Curry on this list is a bit tongue in cheek. However, in a mere one minute and eleven seconds of play he put up the best per-minute game of the week. His 91 PoP48 is a solid 30 ahead of second place! The obvious solution for the Kings is to play Seth the whole game.
7. Draymond Green gets the only triple-double of the week. Overall it was just a "good game", let's be honest, I'm just a sucker for triple-doubles.
8. Jokic lead the charge for rookies this week. Well, the Nuggets certainly know how to cover the entire spectrum. Mudiay put up the worst game out of a rookie this week. It's a bit sad to say that five turnovers isn't *that* bad for Mudiay. Of course, his horrible shooting and low assists won't do for a starting point guard.
9. KCP puts up the worst shooting performance of the week. What a way to ruin Tobias Harris' debut in Detroit, where he actually played quite well.
10. Archie Goodwin gets the coveted tenth spot on the list with a horrible performance. Cracking ten points is alright. Of course, on 33.9% True Shooting to go with four turnovers and five personal fouls is nothing to be proud of.
That's our list! Did we miss someone? Are any players too high? Well don't worry, we'll be back next week with another one. If you see any box scores you think deserve consideration, leave them in the comments or tweet at myself (@nerdnumbers), Patrick (@nbageek), or Brian (@boxscorebrian) with hashtag #BSGTop10. Seeya next time!